Thinking of taking part in the MD Moments photo contest — either by submitting your photos or voting for your favourites? Take a moment to review the basic ground rules in this section.
General Rules of Entry
Thinking of taking part in the MD Moments photo contest — either by submitting your photos or voting for your favourites? Take a moment to review the basic ground rules.
Who Can Enter
The MD Moments Photo Contest is open to anyone who lives within the borders of Lesser Slave River, excluding MD Council and Administration.
How to Enter
Eligible Contestants who during the Contest Period post a photo as an entry into the MD Moments Photo Contest will automatically be entered into the Contest. Entrants can enter up to five (5) photos.
Without limiting any other portion of these Rules, the MD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should entrant’s submission be incomplete, not meet all requirements of these official Rules, or contains inappropriate or offensive content. The MD is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
Entries are to be a digital photograph and submitted electronically online via the Submission page located at mdlsr.ca/moments. Your photo must be in accordance with the specific requirements listed below, and must depict subject matter within the Lesser Slave River region. To be eligible, your entry must be received prior to October 31, 2022. After this date, all eligible Entries will be posted online for bublic viewing and voting.
Keep the Resolution High
Photo Submission Requirements
By participating in the MD Moments Photo Contest, each entrant agrees that their submissions comply with all conditions stated in the rules below.
By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that the Entry complies with all conditions stated in these Rules.
Your submitted Photo must never have been previously exhibited publicly outside of this Contest or selected as a winner in any other contest. To be eligible for entry in this Contest, the Photo must meet the following specific requirements:
- TYPE: Photo
- MAXIMUM SIZE: 10MB
- FORMAT: .jpg or .png
Content alteration of digital files is not acceptable; including combining multiple photos, and tonal or colour corrections. Borders, frames, text or other graphic treatments are not permitted.
Any Photo that the MD deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules may be removed from the Website. The MD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit or modify any Photo, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his/her Photo, in order to ensure that the Photo complies with these Rules, or for any other reason.
Image Usage Rights
By entering the Contest and submitting the Photo, each entrant:
- Grants to the MD, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River or for any other reason;
- Waives all moral rights in and to his/her Photo in favour of the MD; and
- Agrees to release and hold harmless the MD and its respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
For greater certainty, the MD and/or the Contest Parties reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his/her Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and by the interpretation of these Rules by the MD, and further warrants and represents that his/her Photo:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the photographer) in and to the Photo to enter the Contest;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (Note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Photo, then his/her face must be blurred out);
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language andor symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- e) Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- f) Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- g) Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- h) Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of the MD;
- i) Any identifiable third party products andor trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a Photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; and
- j) Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the MD in its sole discretion.
Ground Rules on Voting
Between November 1 and November 15, 2022, you're invited to view all the submissions at mslsr.ca/moments and vote for your favourites. Review the rules below for voting.
The MD Moments Photo Contest begins on Monday, August 1, 2022 and ends on Tuesday, November 15, 2022. From August 1, 2022 until October 31, 2022, photos can be submitted via mdlsr.ca/moments. From November 1, 2022 until November 15, 2022, all eligible submissions will be posted to this section of the MD website for the public to view and vote for their favourites.
The photo contest voting period is between November 1, 2022 and midnight on November 15, 2022. During this timeframe, votes can be cast by visiting mdlsr.ca/moments. On this page, users can view all the photos that were submitted in accordance with the submission requirements.
A vote is cast when a user clicks the heart icon to the bottom left of a given photo.
The Photo Contest is open to the general public. This includes MD employees. Any public user who visits mdlsr.ca/moments may vote for the photo(s) of their choice.
Users may only vote for the same photo once every six hours (based on IP address and device fingerprint detection) to discourage unfair repetitive voting practices.
Vote tallies will be periodically monitored throughout the Photo Contest. Any voting irregularities will be flagged, and excessive votes from one IP address and/or device will be removed accordingly.
Without limiting any other portion of these Rules, the MD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should votes be deemed invalid.
Winner Verification and Announcement
Winners will be determined by online vote tally, in addition to compliance with contest submission requirements.