The MD requires a Transportation Labourer for the approximate period of August to September 2022.
This position will report to a municipal shop each day, working a 40-hour work week based on a rotating schedule including weekends.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Performs grass mowing, yard maintenance, refuse collection, brushing, clearing, patching, crack filling, carpentry work, painting, snowplowing
- Participates in sign maintenance, installation, and washing
- Completes ditching and culvert installation
- Establishes maintenance at community halls, shops, fire halls, offices, parks, and boat launches
- Operates small utility tractor & 3pt hitch mower to maintain ditches and open areas.
- Maintains assigned equipment according to maintenance policy and repair as necessary
- Carries out physical labor including outdoor and indoor facility maintenance.
- Assists with transfer station site maintenance as required
- Assists other MD departments such as Building Maintenance and Utilities
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s licence is required
- Ability to work alone, follow instructions and safety procedures
- Ability to perform duties requiring mild, medium, and heavy physical labour
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in operating small equipment and tractors is an asset
- Ability to drive in all kinds of weather, traffic, and road conditions; be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Salary Range: $17.53 - $24.30/hour, dependent upon education and experience
Accommodations: Available on-site in Flatbush for a nominal cost
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit in confidence to recruitment (@) mdlsr.ca referencing Competition #TL2022 in the subject line. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The MD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.