The MD is recruiting for Equipment Operators for seasonal employment until end of September 2022 with possibility of extension, to operate truck, pup, and tandem trailers, water tankers, and a variety of heavy equipment including excavator, grader, dozer, loader, and packer on MD-managed roadways and construction projects.
These positions will report to the MD Shop in Slave Lake, working a 40-hour work week based on a rotating schedule including weekends.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Participates in equipment operation
- Loads and hauls equipment, gravel, asphalt, culverts, salt, sand, and potable water
- Partakes in rough and fine grading, finishing, sloping, and banking as well as excavating, ditching, and backfilling
- Maintains, services, and repairs trucks and equipment according to maintenance policy
- Handles all aspects of loading/unloading, safety, and security of cargo
- Other duties as required
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s licence required (Class 1 licence an asset)
- At least 5 years’ experience operating grader and/or excavator would be an asset
- Ability to work alone and follow safety procedures
- Ability to perform duties requiring mild, medium, and heavy physical labor
- Ability to drive in all kinds of weather, traffic, and road conditions
Salary Range: $20.57 – 36.45/hour, dependent upon education and experience
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit in confidence to recruitment (@) mdlsr.ca referencing Competition #EO2022 in the subject line. This competition will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
The MD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.