Fulfilling your vision for an exceptional Municipality.
The Planning & Development department coordinates and manages orderly land development in the municipality that both protects the interests of the community and complies with the Municipal Government Act of Alberta.
This department examines issues of compatibility, environment, health, aesthetics, equity and efficiency in land use planning and development. It helps ensure the ongoing conservation of the region’s natural environment and cultural heritage while heavily promoting healthy, sustainable communities.
In response to the ongoing evolution in settlement patterns, agricultural and industrial practices, community development and technology, the MD remains committed to managing growth in a responsible, effective and economical manner. The MD is also committed to promoting strong and effective public participation in all planning processes.
- Promote the social development of children and their families
- Enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills in people to function more effectively within their own environment
- Enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired
- Promote, encourage, and support volunteer work in the community
- Inform the public of available services.
- Click here to view the Municipal District's Development Plan
Lesser Slave Lake Region Tri-Council Regional Growth Plan
The goal of the Tri-Council Regional Growth Plan is to better position the region and its communities by fostering regional collaboration and collaborative strategies, which produce balanced, integrated, sustainable and resilient growth.
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River