Meeting the needs of a diverse community.
Founded in the fall of 2011, Lesser Slave River’s Rural Services department provides essential programs and services designed to positively impact the quality of life of all residents. This department strengthens the social fabric of the municipality by funding and facilitating a number of vital programs and initiatives from parks and trails to seniors support services.
As the municipality continues to evolve, Council recognizes ore than ever the need for a dedicated department that encompasses the many different aspects of rural living. As such, the Rural Services department was created in the fall of 2011. Through its many programs and initiatives, the Rural Services Department fosters the growth, solidarity and health of the community at large.
Rural Services Initiatives
- Agriculture and rural development (Agricultural Fieldman)
- Planning and development (Planning & Development Officer)
- Parks, recreation, trails and open spaces
- Community complexes (municipally owned)
- Community wellness programming and funding
- Community engagement
- Family and community support services (FCSS)
- Seniors funding
- Rural libraries
- Rural cemeteries
- Rural Fire Halls
Family & Community
Facilities & Venues
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River