Local students are encouraged to apply for the NADC Bursary, providing up to $12,000 over two years to applicants who qualify. The deadline for applications is Monday, April 30.
The NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of $6,000 per year for a maximum of two years, and is offered to students in their final two years of post-secondary studies. It is meant to encourage students to train for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta.
The NADC Bursary program provides up to $12,000 over two years and is non-repayable if you agree to live and work in the north. Your return service is one year of full time employment in your field of studies for each year of bursary support received. Some careers in high demand now include education, medical and health, engineering and technical fields and social work.
You may receive a NADC Bursary if you:
- Have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- Are enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program designated for provincial funding
- Are within two years of completing your post-secondary program
- Are in a program that is at least 12 weeks in length for a half bursary and 16 weeks in length for a full bursary
- Are not in default of a provincial student loan