The MD values its senior residents and understands that providing additional care and community support to this group is vital. This includes financial assistance and community support services such as its Seniors Property Tax Assistance Program.
The Seniors Property Tax Assistance Program provides relief to low-income senior residents for the municipal portion of their annual property taxes. The application deadline is December first of the current taxation year. To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a residential property owner in the MD
- Live in this residence
- Own NO OTHER real estate property
- Own the property for a minimum of one year
- Be a minimum of 65 years of age
- Meet the minimum income guidelines for the Alberta Senior Benefit Program